Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, March 10, 2014

Bird Feeder Poles How can I attract birds like Cardinals to my bird feeder?

Question by Alexa: How can I attract birds like Cardinals to my bird feeder?
Ok so first of all I live in Texas. I bought a hopper feeder yesterday and hung it on a shepherd’s pole. No bird came until today morning. It was a Northern Cardinal that flew down and at a little then flew away. The bird seed I use is called Country Pride: Bird Seed (see link). There are bushes around it and Magnolia trees with a big pool and spa. Is there anything I should do to attract more than one bird (especially Northern Cardinals)? Please and thank you so much!
Oh and the feed I use has like oats and crushed corn with red millets and other circular stuff. I heard that Cardinals love black oil sunflower seeds. Should I try that? If I do what should I do to the bird seed that I already have in my feeder?

Best answer:

Answer by houseplant doctor
Just keep your feeders full and the birds will eventually find it. If you don’t get many, try changing your bird feed. Different birds like different types of seed.
Google what types of birds you would like and find out what seed to put out
Are there any cardinals in Texas? I have them all over my yard here in New England and they don’t migrate south.
You may have a variety of cardinal that stays in Texas year round.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:attract, bird, Birds, cardinals, feeder, like, Poles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...