Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blue Jay Bird How can I encourage birds and other animals to my yard?

Question by Silver Tipped Wings: How can I encourage birds and other animals to my yard?
When I was very young, there was a beautiful blue jay nesting in a small bush. It had a lovely nest and laid 3 perfect eggs. Me and my sister, plus my grandma, would walk to the bush every day and check on the eggs. They hatched wonderfully and we watched them every day grow up, it was so beautiful! Sadly, the mother abandoned the nest. Now 7 years later the nest is still abandoned and has deteriorated, still no little birdies.

How can I encourage new birds to come to my yard (but not use that old nest?) It is still extremely cold where I live (plus several feet of snow), but a few days ago I saw some beautiful finches on a tree. I left some soft yarn outside if they were making a nest, but it hasn’t been touched, and the small breadcrumbs are still there too. Is it just the wrong season?

What can I do to encourage animals and birds to my yard? I live in the midwest by the way. And do I HAVE to buy a bird feeder? Or can I use seeds or bread?

Best answer:

Answer by ♥☻♥
A little birdie told me that a pine cone that is sparingly coated with peanut butter will help encourage birds to your yard.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:animals, bird, Birds, Blue, encourage, yard

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...