Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Parrot What kind of parrot do you think is good for my lifestyle?

Question by Casio: What kind of parrot do you think is good for my lifestyle?
Hello! The past couple of years I’ve been considering getting a parrot. within those years I did TONS of research on different species but I’m still a little hesitant. I’d like a bird as a companion I really don’t mind if it can talk or not I’d only consider it to be an added bonus. I have plenty of space for a large cage and im at home 80% of the day meaning I’d be able to provide plenty of out of cage time, training, and attention while I sit at the computer and work. As far as the price of the bird is concerned I’d like to not spend more than $ 1,500 but a bit higher is ok. Another consideration is noise I personally like a lot of noise my house is extremely quiet some loud squawking and an occasional scream would be quite enjoyable. And since i don’t live in an apartment I highly doubt my neighbors will mind either. Although I’d like to stay away form some of the smaller birds the biggest reason being that I have cats and well, I’m sure you understand. All in all I just would like a bird with a great personality and since every bird is unique in a way this question is almost pointless but still I’d like your opinion. Thankyou for reading and suggestions will be appreciated!!
Actually, yes I have found a good Avian vet. Its a very nice facility and about 5 mins away by car. And I used to wokr at a small family owned parrot shop as a teenager (they bred their own bird and rehabilitated bird from the local shelters and helped in finding them new homes) I’d work from the time i got home from school till they closed (5 hour shifts) The owner kept a Hyacinth Macaw in store even though it wasn’t for sale, she just wanted to be close to it while she worked and it would scream ALL THE TIME as well as the added chirping and screaming from the other bird I became quite accustomed to it. thank you though for the quick responses :)

Best answer:

Answer by Mbreezy
YOU NEED A KAKAPO they are the best birds ever!

check them out

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Good, kind, lifestyle., Parrot, think

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...