Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, July 23, 2012

Bird Suet Cakes Can I set up a bird feeder for only native species?

Question by Rain Dear: Can I set up a bird feeder for only native species?
I’d like to set up a bird feeder, and I live in a suburb about 10 mi south of Boston. What I do not want to do is feed any invasive birds, like house sparrows, european startlings, or rock pigeons. Are there any seeds or suet cakes on the market that are rejected by these species? Are there any other tricks to feeding only native species? Thanks.

Best answer:

Answer by Sheila
Sparrows, starlings and pigeons are found everywhere because they eat anything and everything. The best way to attract native birds is to plant plants that are indigenous to your area.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:bird, Cakes, feeder, native, ONLY, Species, Suet

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...