Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bird Identification Does anyone know anything about bird identification?

Question by toota956: Does anyone know anything about bird identification?
I was in Columbia, South Carolina a few weeks ago and I thought I saw a coral colored bird with light colored underwings alight in a tree about 20 feet high.

It was a little bit smaller than a Robin with a short neck, small head. The coral color was iridescent. There was no calling or singing.

This was just after the hurricane dropped a lot of water, but no wind where I was.

Does anyone know of a bird with these characteristics?

Thanks for any info.
The tail was short and wide with coral color near the end. I couldn’t see any dark areas of it’s face, bill appeared short and light in color.
I’ve never seen a Summer Tanager, are their colors this iridescent shade I saw?

Best answer:

Answer by dragonwythe
hard to tell without shape of tail, color of beak, etc.. possibly an oriole or warbler.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:about, Anyone, anything, bird, Identification, know

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...