Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cockatiel Q&A: How can I introduce my 3 month old cockatiel to my older cockatiel?

Question by Nipivy: How can I introduce my 3 month old cockatiel to my older cockatiel?
My older cockatiel is 11 months. My vet told me to get another cockatiel as a playmate for her. My older cockatiel is a runt, the baby actually weighs more. My vet said my older cockatiel would try to display dominance…but I do not know what this entails. I don’t want my older cockatiel hurting the baby, or the baby hurting the older cockatiel!

They of course have separate cages. I just want to introduce them as “playmates” during the day. Thanks.

Best answer:

Answer by viper77321
Leave their separate cages right next to eachother for about a week. Then put them in one together.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:Cockatiel, introduce, month, older

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...