Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Caged Bird Feeders What type of natural deer repellent can I use to keep deer away from my bird feeders?

Question by : What type of natural deer repellent can I use to keep deer away from my bird feeders?
I have woods behind my house and my mom feeds the deer (which I do not condone; I really wish she wouldn’t, but I can’t stop her) so our back yard is always filled with them. I just installed a new bird feeding station in my back yard in a brick lined box that has trees in it. The box is built up about a foot and a half off the ground and has two large trees enclosed in it. Between the two trees, I put the new bird station that had three hooks for bird houses/ feeders, a suet box, and a plastic bowl for a bath. Yesterday I filled the bowl with thistle, put a suet in the suet cage and put up one bird house that was full of seed and had peanuts in cages on both sides for the squirrels. However, this morning when I checked it, everything was empty except for the suet. My mom managed to take two pictures of the deer at work on my bird feeder, so I know they are the culprits. Is there anything natural that I can spray or sprinkle in the box that will keep the deer away but will still keeps the birds and squirrels coming? Are there any spices that they are not particularly fond of? Any type of vinegar or oil, perhaps?

Thanks for any help!

Best answer:

Answer by Jerry
Get a Cougar. Deer problem SOLVED !

Seriously, if you go to the local ZOO and bring home a couple buckets of Lion Feces, and distribute it around the perimeter of your property, the Deer will definitely stay away.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:away, bird, Caged, deer, Feeders, from, keep, natural, repellent, type

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...