Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, January 26, 2012

were should I hang bird houses at my house?

Question by Becky: were should I hang bird houses at my house?
I have a few bird houses to hang in my yard. My questions are: How far from bird feeders and bird baths should I hang the houses? Should I put any kind of bedding as a starter in the houses? I live in Michigan, so most of the birds that would nest in these houses are common finches and maybe other small birds. Thanks. Add any usefull tips if you can think of anything else.
Best answer:
Answer by hermsters
Put the houses as far away from the feeders as you can. Too close and the other birds could hassle the young in their nests. As far as bedding goes, the birds will do that themselves. It’s all part of the process.
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!


Tags:bird, hang, house, houses, should, were

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...