Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Swainson's hawk

A few nice all about birds images I found:

Swainson’s hawk
all about birds

Image by Jim Nix / Nomadic Pursuits
While at the Texas State Aquarium in Corpus Christi, we stopped to watch their Wild Flight show, which had numerous birds of prey flying about and keeping my camera busy. After the show, they brought out this beautiful bird and let us get up close. I bolted over there, knowing I could get some good shots before he was surrounded. I believe he said it was a Swainson's hawk, but if anyone out there can confirm otherwise I am all ears. Regardless of the type of bird, I found it to be incredibly beautiful and of course fun to photograph up close! If you get a chance, I recommend spending some time at the Texas State Aquarium. There are many exhibits and it's just fun anyways to check out these things. Oh, and bring your camera!

From the blog at: www.nomadicpursuits.com/blog/

Follow me: twitter.com/jimnixaustin



Tags:hawk, Swainson's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...