Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Birdfeeder Is it likely that children could get head lice or otherwise sick from handling birdfeeders?

Question by Puckered Up: Is it likely that children could get head lice or otherwise sick from handling birdfeeders?
I have a suet cage and wooden feeders, and live in housing. I can obviously see the layers of bird crap on my wooden feeders, and sometimes see it on the suet cage. Children who live around me don’t get supervised by their parents at all and it is getting to the point of ticking me off pretty badly. So HUD is having a meeting so people can tell the parents what their children are doing and the parents probably won’t cuss us out or laugh at us like I have had done. I can’t afford to keep replacing bird food because kids think its a snack or want to rub the suet into the siding on the apartments. I am trying to find something real to wake the parents up and remembered how birds carry lice and the ton of bird poo on the feeders and want to know if its a possibility for kids to get lice from messing with the feeders. When its calm out, I have at least 5 to 14 birds on my feeders. So I am assuming that the things birds carry can be hanging out there too. So when kids scare off the birds and then play with my bird things and their dolls, that the dolls and kids could risk picking up the lice. And the poo thats all over isn’t clean because its white.
I’m sorry this is so long, but is there any real risk of catching something from playing with the feeders?

Best answer:

Answer by Umm…Not sure
no

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:birdfeeder, Birdfeeders, Children, could, from, Handling, Head, lice, likely, otherwise, sick

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...