Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Bird Pictures Help with identifying this mystery bird (good quality picture)?

Question by Avada Kedavra! вıᴛᴄʜᴇѕ: Help with identifying this mystery bird (good quality picture)?
I typed in ‘aquamarine colour’ to Google Image search, and this bird popped up as one of the results. I’ve been trying for quite some time to figure out what type of bird he is. Does anyone know? I did look at the source for the image, and no luck there, I don’t think the photographer knew what type it was.

http://static.colourlovers.com/uploads/2007/07/aquamarine.jpg

(Sorry to post this in the Pets section even though it’s clearly a wild bird, I wasn’t sure if it was better to go in here or Zoology)
Thanks wacky! I looked up ‘African Roller Bird’ and after some more searching I found this guy;

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/198/3263993755_f6958c8bf5_b.jpg

He’s a Racket-Tailed Roller (although you probably already know that if you’re an ex warden). Quite a nice looking bird, and I can finally stop obsessing lol

Best answer:

Answer by wacky
The bird in your picture is an African Roller,

Thanks for your comments I only said it was a Roller rather than go into Latin and full name .

Short and sweet answers are what I like to give.

Glad to be of help.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:bird, Good, Help, Identifying, Mystery, picture, pictures, quality, this

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...