Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Parrot Q&A: Questions about fostering a parrot!?!?

Question by : Questions about fostering a parrot!?!?
Hi, I really want to foster a parrot, so do you think I would be able to?

I am 12 years old and I was thinking about fostering a bird next summer when I won’t have to worry about school. I will be 13 years old by then. I also have had experience with parrots. I own an African grey parrot, a green cheek conure, and 4 budgies. Also my mom has a lot of experience too with parrots and she has a goffin’s cockatoo, a cockatiel, and a double yellow headed Amazon parrot. Also my mom could help me foster a bird too if I ever needed help. I also know which bird rescue I would foster a bird from, I adopted my African grey parrot from there and my mom adopted her double yellow headed amazon from there too. So do you think I would be able to foster a bird? If so, what are some different parrot species you recommend for me to foster?

Thanks!

Best answer:

Answer by Animal Girl 8D
Parrots are such majestic animals=) I think you should go for it! I too, wish I could foster animals, but I want to run a parrot rescue when I’m older. Parrots are great animals and they too need a good home. I’m a parrot owner of green cheeked conure and a cockatiel. I think you should start out with smaller birds; green cheeks, cockatiels, parrotlets, lovebirds, budgies, quakers and so on. Then once you get the hang of it, start fostering larger parrots, like macaws, cockatoos, and so on.

Get your mom to sign the fostering sheets, so she’d be the foster parent, but you’d take care of them. Good luck and I hope I helped=)

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:about, fostering, Parrot, questions

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...