Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Birdcage Q&A: Stretches/Tips for getting your birdcage and/or scorpion?

Question by ……….: Stretches/Tips for getting your birdcage and/or scorpion?
Hey!(: I’m a dancer and i’m trying really hard to get my birdcage and scorpion. What are some general tips for increasing flexibility in my back and those tricks specifically? Here is a little more information about both tricks:

Birdcage: I can easily do a chin stand, but i can’t hold it. What are some ways i can work on balancing/holding my chin stand for starters? Also, when i do a bridge i can also easily bend my elbows and stay on those (still in my bridge) but what i can’t do it move my feet close enough to my hands to make it a bird cage and getting my legs over and touching the ground. So any tips for that, and any stretches that can help me get closer and eventually DO it.

Scorpion: Without any strength or pain, i can do a scorpion with my leg bent. But i really want to straighten my leg! I can get pretty close, but what i have trouble with is walking my hands down to get it to straighten. According to all my instructors, my back is more than flexible enough to do it, its just getting my hands to walk down. I think that for this, its my hands/arms that need to be more flexible, but i’m not positive?

So please give me any tips/stretches pretty much anything helpful! :) If you need any more information please let me know:)
THANKYOU..!!

Best answer:

Answer by Milllie
cant really help on the birdcage because you are describing something that i call different when you say bird cage but the scorpian is easy.
depending on how you get into it is different. but if you grab the inside of your calf and pul it up and then move that hand to the outside of your leg:
when your hand moves to the outside of your leg, dont grab your ankle…grab your shin. then take your other hand and put it further towards yur kneeand straighten your leg. then continue sliding your hands down your leg. it isnt based onarm flexibility. bend your arms to bring your leg closer to the back of your head. good luck !

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:and/or, Birdcage, getting, Scorpion, Stretches/Tips

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...