Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Finches For Sale How can you tell if a baby bird is a parrot?

Question by Khal: How can you tell if a baby bird is a parrot?
I seen a baby bird at a pet shop yesterday and it looked like a baby parrot but i’m not sure. The bird was small and didn’t have many feathers. It had a large beak but it didn’t seem to fit its body. The bird seemed undernourished because the pet shop owner doesn’t seem to take care of any of his pets. The bird was selling for $ 55 dollars. I felt like just taking it home but i’m just not sure what kind of bird i’m getting. I think i’m going to go back today and getting it.
It had a large curved beak. When I go back i’m going to check out the feet :)
The guy told me it was a love bird and that it was already grown but that his feathers were like that. I’m still guessing its malnutrition and/or the bird may be sick :(

Best answer:

Answer by Treece
There’s over 300 species of parrots. They are distinguished by zygodactyl feet (2 forward, 2 backwards), and a strong curved beak. :) I hope that helps. Most likely it is some type of parrots. I most commonly see parrots, finches and canaries for sale in pet shops.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:Baby, bird, Finches, Parrot, sale, tell

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...