Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, November 29, 2013

Thistle Bird Feeder Q&A: What kind of bird food attracts the largest variety of bird species?

Question by Crazy Evy: What kind of bird food attracts the largest variety of bird species?
I live in Fort Pierre, South Dakota, and I’ve been fascinated by birds for as long as I can remember. Recently, my grandfather and I built two plastic-bottle birdfeeders. We don’t usually see a lot of blue jays, but they *do* live in the area. I want to attract as many different species as possible. Will standard mixed bird feed work, or is there anything special to attract specific birds in the area? A few examples of some of the birds that I want to attract are blue jays, robins, chipping sparrows, other sparrows, finches, doves, and common grackles (locally known as “blue-headed blackbirds”). It doesn’t have to be just those species, though.
Anyway, an answer would really be appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Best answer:

Answer by ron_skeee
Feeding will result in them no longer eating what nature provides them to eat. Bugs, and the bugs will then feed upon you.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:attracts, bird, feeder, food, kind, Largest, Species, Thistle, Variety

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...