Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Australian Birds Does anyone have any suggestions for reading classic Australian novels?

Question by harchickgirl1: Does anyone have any suggestions for reading classic Australian novels?
I’m trying to compile a list of classic Australian novels for an interested friend, but I can’t find anything online that reminds me of ones I’ve forgotten.

What would you put on such a list?

Best answer:

Answer by Mark IX
“Cloudstreet” – Tim Winton
“A Fortunate Life” – AB Facey
“Dirt Music” – Tim Winton
“My Brother Jack” – George Johnston
“The Magic Pudding” – Norman Lindsay
“The Tree of Man” – Patrick White
“Seven Little Australians” – Ethel Turner
“The Fortunes of Richard Mahony” – Henry Handel Richardson
“Tomorrow When the War Began” – John Marsden
“My Place” – Sally Morgan
“Power Without Glory” – Frank Hardy
“Power of One” – Bryce Courtenay
“Oscar and Lucinda” – Peter Carey
“The Harp in the South” – Ruth Park
“Snugglepot and Cuddlepie” – May Gibbs
“Eucalyptus” – Murray Bail
“The Idea of Perfection” – Kate Grenville
“The Ancient Future” – Traci Harding
“I Can Jump Puddles” – Alan Marshall
“Voss” – Patrick White

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Anyone, Australian, Birds, classic, Novels, Reading, suggestions

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...