Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, May 17, 2013

Finches For Sale Is it legal to have a pet zebra dove in hawaii?

Question by Coralys: Is it legal to have a pet zebra dove in hawaii?
Long story short, me and my sis rescued a baby zebra dove from an abandoned nest (all of it’s siblings were dead, no sign of parents for days)
We named it Nugget Biscuit. We refer it it as female, but we are not certain. Anyway, she has a bad leg, but is doing well. She is growing good, and is very friendly and happy. She can’t fly yet, but she tries to. Her feathers are coming in nicely. Anyway, my family fell in love with her. I want to know if it would be legal to keep her.

And before you say she is better off in the wild, listen. Nugget is to dependent on humans to be wild.
(we were the first things she ever saw) I wish I could let her live a birds life, but I fear for her. I promise that if we keep her she will have an amazing life. We will gt her a friend, a huge cage, and we won’t clip her wings. We will take her for regular check ups. (we actually took her to a vet before, and she has no mites, lice, or illnesses)

Best answer:

Answer by poweranni
Keep the dove.

It is feral in Hawaii.

As far as I know, you can’t have native North American wildlife. For example, somebody from Missouri can not have a pet Blue Jay, that is because they are native to the area. I don’t think that a person from California, for example, can keep an Oriole, because it is native American fauna.

But if a feral cockatiel flies onto your porch, he is yours.

I don’t know about the law in Hawaii, but I am assuming that you follow the same laws we do, plus more, because you are an island.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:Dove, Finches, Hawaii, Legal, sale, Zebra

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...