Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Blue Jay Bird Q&A: What to do with a poor little baby blue jay? Any vets out there?

Question by Red: What to do with a poor little baby blue jay? Any vets out there?
This morning I found a baby blue jay sitting on the ground under a tree. Its parents were circling it and calling to it. It must’ve fallen from the nest, and it’s too small to fly back up.
It started hopping around and fell in the creek. I quickly picked it up and took him to the middle of the yard (I didn’t touch him though)
Then it started raining. I had to take him inside. But what do I do with him now? I don’t know what to feed him or how to get him back to his parents.
Help me please!

Best answer:

Answer by silvertonguedbard
You need to contact a wild life rehabilitator immediately!!! Birds have very special dietary needs and also it may be illegal in your state for you to keep him. Even though you are only trying to help.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:Baby, bird, Blue, little, poor, there, vets

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...