Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Bird Identification How can I identify birds through their calls. Please help me?

Question by kamaso06: How can I identify birds through their calls. Please help me?
I would like to have a copy of bird calls for easy identification during field work. I am here in Palawan, Philippines.

Best answer:

Answer by lorikae99
There are tape recordings and CDs out there that play a bird call and then tell you what bird that was. Memorizing these and going out into the field with someone educated in ornithology (the study of birds) are the only ways I’ve ever heard of for learning to match the calls with the species of bird.

-edit-

If you are looking to buy a CD or tape, you can try looking on the National (U.S.) Audubon Society’s webpage (www.audubon.org), or entering a keyword search on www.amazon.com

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:bird, Birds, calls, Help, Identification, Identify, please, their, through

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...