Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Helicopter? Just Hummingbird!

Some cool parrot for sale images:

Helicopter? Just Hummingbird!
parrot for sale

Image by nate2b
An acrobatic hummingbird is enjoying nectar from Lotus Berthelotti flowers in my backyard.

Lotus Berthelotti or Parrot’s Beak is a plant native to Canary Islands, Spain. Though extinct in the wild, it’s available for sale at some nurseries.

I planted Lotus Berthelotti in a large pot last Summer. By late winter (very mild in Southern California), it has started to bloom ever since. I have many hummingbirds enjoy the nectar and begin to nest nearby.

This particular hummingbird doesn’t seem to care that I’m always nearby taking photos and even sometimes circles around me with curiosity.

Caught Red Handed
parrot for sale

Image by nate2b
Hummingbird’s Courtship with Lotus Berthelotti in my Backyard

Lotus Berthelotti or Parrot’s Beak is a plant native to Canary Islands, Spain. Though extinct in the wild, it’s available for sale at some nurseries.

I bought and planted Lotus Berthelotti in Summer 2010 and it has been blooming since January 2012.

I have a flock of hummingbirds as frequent visitors and totally ignore the feeder I put up for them. I guess they prefer fresh nectar.

Interesting read about Hummingbirds on Wikipedia



Tags:Helicopter, hummingbird, just

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...