Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

African Grey Parrots For Sale Telling me everything about owning an african grey?

Question by Eli: Telling me everything about owning an african grey?
i’m 16 and my dad is letting me get an african grey. I have research a lot about them and i understand that they live over 50, need lots of attention, and so on. i want to know everything i need to know about them. Tell me all info you know as well as pros and cons. and if you can help me find an african grey for sale or up for adoption in Connecticut for $ 800 or less i will give you the 10 points.

Best answer:

Answer by Barbra S
I bought a Congo African Grey 11 yrs ago as a chick , I hand fed him. Greys have the intelligence of a 4 to 5 yrs old human child. There are two kinds of Greys . Timneh Greys and Congo Greys, the Congo Greys are the better talkers. They can actually carry a conversation with you and know what they are saying. So be sure to get the Congo Grey. Get one that is hand fed, they are more friendly to humans that way. If they were reared by the parent birds it is a bit harder to make friends with them. They can give some bad bites so you have to be careful until it gets to know you. Baby Greys have black eyes,and as they mature the eyes will turn yellow. They need lots of attention, And they will decide which human they prefer, so hope it is you , just make sure you are the main one to care for the bird, You have to keep talking to the bird then it will start to mumble and after a while the words will come out. Mine decided he liked my hubby better and not me. : ( He bit my hubby once and then said oops sorry. When I leave the room he calls me and asks where you at, and what you doing?
So they do know what they are saying. They are one of the best birds to own, but can be mean to. They hold grudges to. so don’t make it mad. I think you will enjoy the Congo African Grey better than any other type of bird. Good Luck with your new pet.

Congo’s have a bright red tail and both beaks are black to dark gray
Timneh’s have a dark reddish gray tail and top beak is tan and the bottom dark gray.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:about, African, Everything, Grey, owning, Parrots, sale, Telling

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...