Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cockatiel Birds Hi does my cockatiel bird trust me yet?

Question by ♫♪ will eat u ☼ heat u: Hi does my cockatiel bird trust me yet?
Hi i just got my 2 cockatiels last night. I wanted to know if it was normal for them to stay in one place for awhile because they really have not moved yet? Also when will i know that my cockatiel birds trust me and how can i create a bond with them?

Best answer:

Answer by simpsond47
Hiya !

It’s way too early to even think of them trusting you at the moment !

They’ve just been moved into a new home – they need time to adjust to their new surroundings (sights, sounds, smells etc !) This can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks – depending on the individual birds temperament.

As for trust and bonding – this also takes time – they need to feel able to trust you. If you put your hands anywhere near them at first – they will almost certainly shy away.

With time, they will learn to accept food from your hand – leading to them perching on you – and from there – who knows !

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!



Tags:bird, Birds, Cockatiel, trust

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...