Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, November 18, 2012

African Grey Parrots How can I get my African grey parrot to like the other?

Question by Unknown: How can I get my African grey parrot to like the other?
I have two African grey parrots, one female and the other male, the female likes the male, but the male, sort of, hates the female.
The male constantly bites the female, and is being aggressive towards her, so how do I get him to like her? any tips?

P.S. when I separate them, she keeps trying to get to him, and makes a lot of noises

Best answer:

Answer by Moo
Put them both in small cages (Cat cages, or whatever you take them to the vet in) and stand the cages about 3m away from eachother. Give the male a treat if he isn’t agressive, then move him about 10cm closer. Give him a treat for every 10cm closer he will let you put him without being aggressive. Once he starts being aggressive, put them both back in their proper cages, and don’t give the male any more treats once he’s been aggressive. Repeat this everyday until the cages can be put next to eachother for up to half an hour.

You can’t force them to like eachother, but you can at least attempt to get them to tolerate eachother.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:African, Grey, like, Parrot, Parrots

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...