Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Birdfeeders How can I attract tanagers and orioles to my birdfeeders (Oklahoma)?

Question by nopeeking: How can I attract tanagers and orioles to my birdfeeders (Oklahoma)?
I know that orioles like oranges, so I’ve put out a half section of orange just today. I have no idea what tanagers like to eat, or even if they would visit a birdfeeder. Any suggestions?

Best answer:

Answer by ms bell
Tanagers love suet, so I highly recommend putting some outside for them to eat. Tangers also enjoy eating fruit, so you can put out some for them. Their favorites are grapes and cherries. Cherry trees and grape vines also attract tanagers. If you aleady have those in your yard, you’ll be seeing many tanagers. You also want to have a bird bath or some water source for the tanagers so they can drink and bathe.

Orioles like apples and bananas, too.

Happy birdwatching!

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:attract, Birdfeeders, Oklahoma, orioles, tanagers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...