Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Finch Bird Feeders Will house finches keep other birds from visiting my feeders?

Question by somethingGood: Will house finches keep other birds from visiting my feeders?
I have two bird feeders on my porch in a quite semi-urban area. One is full of safflower seeds which the house finches love and the other has mixed seed. I read that house finches can be aggressive and I don’t usually see any other birds except a cardinal. Sometimes there are as many as 12 finches on the porch.

Best answer:

Answer by spookyjimjams
Yep. They just mob the feeder. There is no way to keep them away from my experience. I had about 30 regulars, and only once did I get an American goldfinch. Actually, then the mourning doves showed up. They are really pushy too.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:bird, Birds, Feeders, Finch, Finches, from, house, keep, visiting

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...