Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hobby~Falco subbuteo

A few nice birds of prey images I found:

Hobby~Falco subbuteo
birds of prey

Image by Lisa Lawley
A small bird of prey that eats *mainly* Dragonflies.

I watched TWO of these hunting for well over an hour. They are so very fast in flight, getting photo’s is very difficult! I took in excess of 150 shots, but as seeing them was so brilliant, I turned into miss fluff a lot :)

This photo came out very dark initially, so it has been touched up. It’s a big crop too. It’s a shame that it doesn’t show it’s red trousers, but I think it still catches it’s character.

I have to say, even though they eat my Dragons, they are my favourite bird of prey. They are so agile, and watching them hunt is amazing.



Tags:Hobby~Falco, subbuteo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...