Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, May 25, 2012

Cockatiel Birds What should I do about my cockatiel birds?

Question by secura :]: What should I do about my cockatiel birds?
My cockatiel bird keeps laying eggs but doesn’t take care of them. The male cockatiel tries to make her take care of the eggs but they usually end up breaking.
she does have a nest.
thank you everyone that responded to my question but today when my cockatiel laid an egg she finally sat on it. I was thinking it was weird cause I barely posted this question yesterday. Just right now I checked in on her and she is laying on it. Its so cute!! :D

Best answer:

Answer by Oni
Your female cockatiel doesn’t appear to be ready or interested in being a mom. If that’s the case, you might want to separate them into different cages for awhile. They can still play together, but perhaps having separate cages will give her time to decide it’s time to be a mom.

Beyond that, make sure both of their needs are being met. Because she’s laying eggs, she’ll need more calcium. Make sure she has access to a cuttle bone. Make sure they both have large cages, plenty of toys, a healthy diet of pellets and bird friendly fresh foods (just seeds aren’t good!), and plenty of time outside the cage to socialize.

If she doesn’t want to take care of her eggs, you can’t make her. This is just something that might encourage her to try. I’ve heard of it working about as many times as I’ve heard of it not working.

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:about, Birds, Cockatiel, should

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...