Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thistle Bird Feeder Putting thistle seed in a regular bird feeder?

Question by Dude24: Putting thistle seed in a regular bird feeder?
My local store ran out of the bird seed I normally buy but had thistle seed. I put it in my regular bird feeders, but then my grandmother told me I needed to put it in a finch feeder for the birds to eat it.

Is this true?

Best answer:

Answer by katykat1980
No, the birds eat the thistle seed (or nijer) out of all types of feeders. Your grandma may be partly right, though, because a lot of the birds who like the thistle seed, like the finches, prefer a certain type of perch when they eat, but it won’t stop them from eating it out of whatever kind of feeder you have available.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:bird, feeder, Putting, regular, seed, Thistle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...