Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, March 23, 2012

Identifying Birds Bird watching. I need help identifying birds as I believe I'm a bit colour blind. ?

Question by TRAIN HARD LIVE WELL: Bird watching. I need help identifying birds as I believe I’m a bit colour blind. ?
I’ve hung loads of feed out for birds and I’m seeing some lovely little birds and I’m having trouble identifying them. My GF bought me a “Collins, Identifying Birds by Colour” book yesterday but it’s not going to good. Will binoculars help??????
Any tips and advice please.
Oh and by the way. any crap jokes about Women just won’t do as I’m a right stud muffin. lol
I know they’re not pets but couldn’t find any other category.

Best answer:

Answer by Getawaydriver
Yes, binoculars are very useful in studying and identifying birds, not to mention you can see more details of their antics and what they are doing(working seeds out of the feeder with their beaks, splitting open seed casings, how they actually ‘unzip’ and ‘zip’ feathers in grooming. etc.)

Also be aware that colour illustrations are often more noteworthy as little watercolour masterpieces to be enjoyed as such rather than exact replications, photo illustrations may be more practical.

Finally, remember that birds are often not all as identical as we believe, their plumage may vary in shade and tone from region to region and subtly from bird to bird.

Bird watching is a gentle pass time that takes years to perfect and is best done on a lazy day when you have nothing else to get done. It is for relaxing away from the stress of life, so don’t get stressed if you can’t crack it right away. It’s not a contest and there are no penalties for mistakes.

The pleasure is in the studying.

Pour yourself a glass of something nice and get the binoculars out.

Also, find out more about how to draw birds into your environment and how to properly feed them and any bonus sights like squirrels from season to season.

Enjoy.

Add your own answer in the comments!



Tags:believe, bird, Birds, blind., colour, Help, Identifying, need, watching

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...