Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bird Houses Q&A: I may sound like I am nuts - But - would it be smart to put bird houses above my compost?

Question by Diggy Doe: I may sound like I am nuts – But – would it be smart to put bird houses above my compost?
If I put some bird houses over my compost – would it enhance the soil? Would it make the ph balance of the soil to high?
Would their feces enhance the soil?
The reason I ask is because my kids love bird house but there is feces everywhere. If it would help my compost – it would be nice!!!

Best answer:

Answer by kenoa9
Bird droppings are very potent.Just get a sample kit and check your compost before using it and try to keep the pH around 7-9.you can use lime or bone mill to lower the acid if needed.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:above, bird, compost, houses, like, nuts, Smart, Sound, would

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...