Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, January 23, 2012

What happens to the wild birds in forest fires?

Question by : What happens to the wild birds in forest fires?
The Georgia/Florida fires just north of us are raging. The Osceola Forest is now burning. This morning, I find a beautiful pileated woodpecker in the trees outside my office window. I usually don’t see them around here. He is about 19 inches in length and is a treat to watch because the trees here are shorter around here.
Do the birds usually flee in a certain direction? I am just a beginner bird watcher, so I am not familiar with bird behavior during extreme weather conditions and forest fires.
Thanks in advance for your input.
I am NOT thinking of starting one, we already have ONE.
I just wondered if birds flee in certain directions or if they follow the flow of smoke.
It is a behavioral question that I thought birders more experienced than I could answer.
Reports are coming in about the birds here in Florida. The smoke has disorientated them. My poor little feathered friends. :( (
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=animals_oddities&id=5302268
Best answer:
Answer by bobby d
they fly away really
Give your answer to this question below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...