Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, September 3, 2012

Bird Suet Cakes Can you help wild birds during a winter storm?

Question by treebird: Can you help wild birds during a winter storm?
We have several inches of snow on the ground and are expecting a storm that brings possibly several more inches of snow, and maybe high winds. How do birds stay safe during this weather? Is there anything I can do that would help them?

I feed the birds regularly with wild bird food and suet cakes. We can’t get out to the store and I’m running out of the seed mix. Can you suggest other foods I could give them, that I might have on hand?

I really don’t want the birds to suffer more than necessary.

Best answer:

Answer by Mom of 2 great boys
They will be fine. Having bird houses will help them too.

They are used to this climate.

Look at this way, if they weren’t they would have migrated to the South.

This is what birds do when they sense cold rough weather approaching.

:-)

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:bird, Birds, Cakes, during, Help, Storm, Suet, wild, winter

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...