Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bird Of Paradise How do I grow Bird of Paradise in Mississippi?

Question by midget: How do I grow Bird of Paradise in Mississippi?
I love Bird of Paradise flowers. I see them all over California, and have even seen them in Mississippi and Louisiana. I have tried growing them myself but have never gotten a flower off of any of the plants I have planted. Just have the greenery. How do I get a Bird of Paradise to bloom for me? I get beautiful greenery but no flowers. Please help. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Best answer:

Answer by wahoo
I have planted them as well in Florida. I experimented with mine…I read where they like to have crowded roots..so I planted one while still in the flower pot that it came in, just slotted the sides and stuck it in the ground…the other I took out of the pot and planted it fairly close to the other..so that everything else was the same. The one that had no crowed root system died with in a couple of years…the other is still living, but has not flowered…they say that it may take years for them to flower. good luck with it.

Give your answer to this question below!



Tags:bird, grow, Mississippi, Paradise

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...