Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

African Grey Parrots For Sale Q&A: african grey parrot? HELP!?

Question by Miss.advice: african grey parrot? HELP!?
Hi,
Si i brought my congo african grey parrot, Al two years ago. We all love him VERY much and he’s attached to us as well (esp. my mom). Al talks and follows us around, unfortunately we have decided we have to sell him because my brother has DMD and we have to pay attention to him so much to him, were afraid Al is losing the attention he deserves, which is A LOT. I have put him on sale and there are a few people interested, but i’m concerned for Al’s health…how will he react to being sold? how will it affect him? PLEASE HELP

Best answer:

Answer by Calypso
Don’t be afraid to require a home inspection and vet references from his new owner! Only sell him to someone who has bird experience! When they buy him make them sign a contract that says that if they ever want to rehome the bird, they have to contact you first. I have that kind of agreement with my bird’s original owner.

I have a congo myself, she is 19, and I got her when she was 15. She was free (as in I didn’t pay for her), I love her soooo much, and she adjusted very well to her new home. Since I have had her we have moved to two different apartments and had my boyfriend move in with us. Through everything I always just paid TONS of attention to her and made her feel safe. She adjusted just fine.

So long as you find a very good person, your bird will adjust happily to his new family :-)

What do you think? Answer below!



Tags:African, Grey, Help, Parrot, Parrots, sale

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...